The ABCs of CBD
The Basics: CBD is a plant compound most abundantly found in hemp. It is a natural, non-psychoactive compound that promotes everyday health and wellness. Manitoba Harvest extracts CBD from hemp plants grown organically in the USA.
What is Broad Spectrum Hemp Extract with CBD?
Manitoba Harvest Broad Spectrum Hemp Extract contains precise levels of CBD, plus additional compounds from the hemp plant that work together synergistically to support human health and equilibrium. Flavonoids and terpenes are molecules that interact with the cannabinoids in hemp to enhance the plant’s therapeutic effects.
Unlike hemp seed oil, our Broad Spectrum Hemp Extract with CBD is made from the plant’s leaves and flowers, which are abundant in cannabinoids and terpenes.
Full-spectrum hemp extracts contain most of the phytochemicals present in hemp, while CBD isolates contain only CBD. Our Broad Spectrum Hemp Extract with CBD is similar to full-spectrum. It contains terpenes and cannabinoids but has the added benefit of being THC Free*.
How does Hemp CBD Work?
CBD interacts with the human endocannabinoid system, which helps modulate energy and maintain homeostasis in the body in the face of stress.
CBD is completely natural and plant-derived. It works cooperatively with the body’s master regulatory system to lovingly nudge us back toward balance.
For most people, CBD’s lack of serious side effects makes it an appealing and safe addition to their daily wellness routine.
Unlike THC, CBD does not result in a “high.” Some describe its effect as a feeling of centered, wakeful calm. Our Broad Spectrum Hemp Extracts are THC Free*.
CBD vs. THC
- Although CBD and THC are both cannabinoids, their effects are very different.
- CBD is non-psychoactive – it doesn’t produce the “high” associated with THC.
- Non-intoxicating and derived exclusively from U.S. hemp that have less than 0.3% THC
- Extracted in a CO2 process to further minimize unwanted components
- Held to the highest standards of quality and purity
How to Enjoy Hemp CBD
- Drop or spray oil under your tongue for 30 seconds before swallowing
- Drizzle unflavored oil on your morning cereal or eggs
- Whisk peppermint oil into your salad dressing for a minty burst
- Blend protein powder into your post-workout shake or smoothie
- Take a softgel with your daily vitamins or at bedtime
- Mix peppermint spray into your cocktail for a flavorful treat