Our Fall Superfood Salad with a kick of brain-balancing CBD screams “AUTUMN!” The butternut Squash, cinnamon, and pecan flavors conjure mental pictures of hayrack rides and crisp fall leaves crunching underfoot. A full serving of Manitoba Harvest Hemp Hearts adds 10 grams protein, 12 grams Omegas 3 & 6, and complement the salad’s rich nutty taste. We recommend prepping enough butternut squash for the week so you can mix up a salad for lunch: the sweet maple syrup and awesome power of Broad Spectrum Hemp Extract with CBD in the dressing can help boost your mood for the second half of the day!
For the salad:
- 1/2 butternut squash, cubed
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 5oz pkg baby kale
- 1 pomegranate, de-seeded
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 bunch green onions, chopped (or ½ small red onion, sliced)
- 3 tbsp. Manitoba Harvest Hemp Hearts
For the dressing:
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 mL unflavored Manitoba Harvest Broad Spectrum Hemp Extract CBD Oil Drops (about two droppers), or the serving size of your choice
- 1 tbsp. pure maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Place cubed squash on a lined baking sheet. Drizzle with oil, cinnamon, and salt. Toss to combine. Roast for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place kale, pomegranate, pecans, onions, and Hemp Hearts in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Mix all dressing ingredients in a bowl.
- Add baked squash to salad bowl, Drizzle with dressing and toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Recipe adapted from Alexis from Hummusapien.
The information provided is for informational purposes only. None of the information provided here should be considered medical advice or treatment recommendations. Consult with your health care provider if you have questions about incorporating CBD into your wellness regimen.